Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Watching baseball with his son

Just the two of us
Toronto, ON
July 2017
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Once upon a time, on an afternoon that now feels like it was part of another lifetime, my little family went to a ballgame.

Baseball being baseball, there were many stretches of time during which not a whole lot was going on on the field. So I did what I’ve been doing since childhood-me sat in Montreal’s old Jarry Park during Expos games: I took in the scenery.

The game wasn’t an important one: Just one of an endless homestand in the middle of another season without hope of making the playoffs. So the upper decks were largely empty.

Or were they? The introvert in me smiled when I noticed two people sitting all by themselves, almost as if they were deliberately trying to put as much distance between themselves and anyone else.

I couldn’t not reach my lens way across the field and capture the scene. I hope they enjoyed the game. I hope they did a better job taking in the action on the field than I did.

#toronto #yyz #ontario #canada #throwback #bluejays #rogers #centre #stadium #baseball #sports #sportsing #urban #streetphotography #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #canon #canon_photography #canonphotography #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: