Monday, November 29, 2021

Chasing snow at night

Fresh tracks
London, ON
November 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I wasn't much in the mood to shoot last night. If we're being honest, I haven't felt like shooting much lately, which is rather unlike me, and frankly a little terrifying.

Life, you know?

But something clicked in my head as the dog and I were wandering through the newly-snow-covered neighborhood. I thought about all my friends and family who, like me, record the planet around them in pixels. They've been out there shooting their neighborhoods, too: snowy ones, wet ones, grassy ones, whatever.

And I'm sure they, like me, have days where they just aren't feeling it. Where they feel a little darker than they'd like. Where it would be easier to just do nothing. To remain silent.

Yet somehow, they persist.They find the magic inside that helps them tell their stories to others.

Indeed, sometimes our inner voices go silent, which is all part of how we deal. Yet we still rely on those around us to fight that silence and get out there.

Consider me inspired, by them, to get out there. Last night, it looked like this.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tree #trees #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #monochrome #mental #health #ishealth #random #street #night #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: