Sunday, June 10, 2007

Caption This 22


Please name this picture [See below for details]
Shanghai, China, May 2007 [Click to enlarge]

It's difficult to look at a sign like this and not feel a happy warm thought. The pedestrian mall where this sign was installed was choked with people, but what stuck in my mind was how family-friendly it was, with places to sit, covered/shaded areas for protection from the sub-tropical sun and easy-to-access tram service (driven by crazy people, but that's a story for another day.) I took these kids-on-the-street images not too far away from this sign.

The question is, can you come up with a cool name or caption for this image? See this entry for all the details of how Caption This works. See here for last week's entry. Speaking of which, please drop by JC's site, Castleruins, to share a congrats or two for this winning entry: Uh-oh, she's gonna blow!

Bonus points if you bring a friend or reluctant family member along: I'm not above bribery, after all. As always, you can submit as many comments as you'd like.

Happy captioning, everyone. I'll post the winner next Sunday, along with yet another CT entry.

Your turn: Submit your best caption(s) and may the best blogger win. Oh, and have fun with it.

19 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi Carmi...I'm not good at this captioning thing so, I'll pass on it...But I do LOVE the picture!
Hey...You were supposed to visit me from Michele's and you never did! Boo Hoo! What happened, my dear?

Michael K. Althouse said...

"Boy walking his man."

craziequeen said...

'Does this shade of blue make me look fat......?'

[chuckle]

cq

Linda said...

hmmmm....I got so used to seeing signs like this in Germany...and I DO know what they mean...

But for this caption contest, I would say:

Happiness/Bliss Only!

kenju said...

I'm no good at it either, but I'll come back later to see what everyone else says.

Anonymous said...

They grow fast -- slow down.
Hey, I tagged you for a meme.

awareness said...

Me and My Shadow.....

Trust in Togetherness.....

Hold my Hand Dammit.....

Mom, I have to Pee.....

Are we there yet?

Anna said...

I love the sign...I really am bad at this stuff though. I will have to think and come back!

Have a great week Carmi!

The Turmanators said...

This is soooo inappropriate and irreverent, but it's what popped into my mind "child abductor crossing". I apologize profusely.

The Mistress of the Dark said...

Here's my caption. I'm feeling a little bit snarky. (forgive me please)

Family crossing, points doubled in the area and tripled if you hit both

Michele told me to say hi :)

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

"Come with me."

Dunno where that came from, but there it is.

Rachel said...

"Together We Can."

kenju said...

Michele sent me back to see who wrote captions, Carmi. I vote for Rachel's.

Sara said...

my first thought was:

"Don't walk ahead, I may not follow, Don't walk behind, I may not lead, just walk beside me & be my friend"

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JAM said...

I stink at trying to think up captions, but I like the photo. Beautiful colors.

JC said...

No Child - No Service!

longspider said...

Walking with children allowed

Andi said...

E.T. Lovers Unite