Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
London, ON, June 2008 [Click to enlarge]
Quick note from our sponsor: Please click here if you're looking for the latest Thematic Photographic entry. We now resume our regularly-scheduled programming.
I've always had a certain affinity for cows. I can't quite explain why, but they just seem sweet. I even named my first car with a cow theme: Bessie the Mazda still evokes fond memories of university-age adventures.
Noah helped me take this picture on our kitchen table. About four seconds after I snapped this, he scooped it up and popped it into his mouth. The cynic in me knows he was only interested in the final, sweet prize. But I cherish the quiet moment with him all the same.
Your turn: Can you caption this photo? I hope you can. Wait, I know you can. Click on the Comments link below and have at it. Best pick gets posted next week. Bonus points to multiple-submitters and anyone who brings a friend along.
About last week's photo of two guys in front of a convenience store: I love slice-of-life photos, and obviously you do, too. We had a rich field of submissions this week. First, the honorable menschens:
- Linda: "Tom and Joe lined up early to buy lotto tickets, never realizing it was a 24 hour store!"
- Mojo: "Dude... you gonna eat that?" and "Could be worse... Could be rainin'." (Note from Carmi - yes, I encourage multiple entries.)
- Carolyn: "Look man, i don't want to talk about your chances to win the Lotto until you put some pants on. You got the whitest legs i've ever seen."
- Awareness: "Lost in suburbia."
- John: "Dude, don't look now, but across the street? That dude with the camera just took our picture. You're not wanted for anything are ya?"
- Barbie2be: "Misspent youth."
- Killashandra: "Lookin' for Work."
- Beverly: "What time does the bus stop here?"
- Jean-Luc Picard: "You HAD to ask the guy at the counter what time the store closes, didn't you!"
- Jacie: "You got any idea what day it is...?"