Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]
London, ON, June 2008 [Click to enlarge]
Corner stores seem to be part of every neighborhood's fabric. Sure, they sell overpriced stuff that seems destined to ever so slowly squeeze the life out of us. But when we need something in a pinch at an ungodly hour, we usually bite the bullet and pop into these oases of urban life.
I caught this moment as I walked past one such market earlier this month. I was too far away to hear their conversation. But that's your job...
Your turn: Please caption this moment-in-time image in the lives of these two randomly-encountered strangers. I'm a sucker for multiple submissions, so go nuts in comments, and feel free to pull in your friends, family members and even pets for inspiration.
About last week's photo of a trashed building: Sad pictures often seem to provoke the neatest captions - and this week's CT was no exception. Thank you all for rising to the occasion. This week's honorable menschens are:
- OhDannyBoy: "Never trust a contractor who says he'll have the work done 'Thursday'."
- Sassy Mama Bear: "Nope, The Cat in the Hat ain't never coming back!"
- Bob-kat: "Who left the gas on?"
- Babystepper: "Temper Tantrum."
- Allison, Terri and Dawn: "And it all comes crumbling down."
- The Imaginary Reviewer: "For sale: One bedroom apartment. Needs a little work. Would suit handyman."
- Randall: "Inside out."
- Awareness: "End of the road to nowhere."
- Sara: "This used to be my playroom."
- Robin: "Abandonment issues."
Thanks to everyone for making Caption This such a neat highlight of the week. For more photographic fun, check out the latest Thematic Photographic as well.