Friday, April 12, 2013

Getting reflective at the water's edge

Pastoral
Thamesford, ON
October 2012
Click here for more Thematic leaves
I could sit in this very spot all day and just drink this scene in. To anyone who knows me even remotely, that should hardly come as a surprise. I've always been drawn to the edge of the water - whether it's a quiet place of reflection like this or a pounding surf kind of spot like this - and will probably continue to get pulled in, like a moth to a flame, for as long as I'm around.

On this particular day, I was on my way back from meetings in the large city to the east. More meetings awaited me in my hometown to the west. Big stuff was happening behind and ahead of me, and my head swirled with the possibilities as I picked my way through the countryside toward home.

The late afternoon autumn sun was, in a word, epic. The sky glowed through the windshield in a way that suggested warmth, comfort, home. I smiled at the thought, and as Thamesford, an achingly quaint town along the main drag between Woodstock and London, loomed ahead, I decided to stop for a few minutes and enjoy the light from the outside.

Sitting across the water from this lovely property, I wondered if the folks who lived there were thinking the same thing. Did they ever take the time to sit in the sun and absorb the wonder of being next to the water? Did they know how lucky they were?

I sure hoped so.

Your turn: What makes you lucky?

2 comments:

Lisa Shafer said...

Oh, that's really pretty!

Cloudia said...

the best sort of 'edgy'



ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
~ > < } } ( ° > <3