Monday, July 27, 2015

Thematic Photographic 343 - Far from Home

Hanging in the hatch
Newtonville, ON
July 2015
Now that it's summer here in the northern hemisphere - we can tell because we can cook the proverbial egg on the proverbial sidewalk - many of us are headed out the door for destinations both known and unknown.

Vacation time means different things to different people, of course, but one constant seems to be the bulging blob of vacation photos we all bring back with us‎. You can't argue with tradition, even if it ends up all over Facebook, Instagram and your Uncle Phil's flip-phone.

Neither, apparently, can Po the teletubby, who once again found herself on a grand adventure as we loaded the car and pointed it toward our motherland, otherwise known as Montreal. Doesn't she look happy here?

Your turn: This week's Thematic theme - Far From Home - is fairly simple. If the pic was taken far from home, it's in. The further the better. I'm going to assume you already know how it works - if not, click or tap here - so I'll let you start churning on what you plan on sharing this week. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Have fun with it!

8 comments:

Alexia said...

Cute pic, Carmi.
My most recent post definitely fits the "Far from Home" topic. The photos are from my trip to Morocco, one of the nine countries I visited during April, May and June this year. Go here

Max Sartin said...

It's not too far, but the farthest I made it this summer. Here's mine for this week.

Gilly said...

Here are my far flung places! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

21 Wits said...

I do remember her from another time, a long while back. Very sweet, and it gives me best, most perfect idea! Here's mine http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2015/07/far-from-home.html

photodoug said...

Carmi, from home to home. Site of my wife’s 50th high school reunion.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I had to crib a pic from the early days of my blog...I haven't been as far from home as I was back when I just had film cameras.

Far Out
~

Bob Scotney said...

I have had to go back to the 1980s far from home.
http://bit.ly/1DfHKcN

Somewhere round about said...

Here is mine.......