Thursday, November 12, 2015

Spider not from Mars

Found this little fellow clinging to an otherwise unremarkable wall, and much to the dismay of arachnaphobes everywhere, I decided to let my lens follow him (her?) for a little while.

On the surface, it seems weird and creepy, and even sharing it here will probably lose me a friend or two (ah yes, the online "friend" who bolts at the first disagreement. Perhaps a thought for a future entry here.)

But fear of spiders and faux-cyber-friends notwithstanding, the world is a wonderfully diverse place, and I'd hate to miss any more of it than absolutely necessary.

5 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Ewww... Not what I wanted to see!

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I like spiders.

They help us in the war on bugs!
~

fredamans said...

That's an orb weaver spider. They are known for their incredible webs.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Fredamans is right.

Cross Orb Weaver (Araneus diadematus), maybe?
~

Max Sartin said...

Well, anyone who bolts over one little spider picture deserves to miss all the good posts on here. I'd say "good post", but I hate spiders. But I'll be back anyway.