Monday, August 01, 2016

Thematic Photographic 378 - Trademark

Pharmaceutical pinch
Deerfield Beach, FL
December 2014
I spend a lot of time in my professional and personal lives worrying about trademarks. If I misuse or otherwise misappropriate a sign or a brand or related artifact, I run a significant risk of receiving a nasty lawyer's letter. I'm guessing this wouldn't play well on a performance review, so I take great pains to educate both myself and my colleagues on what we may and may not do when we're sharing stuff online.

But that doesn't mean we can't have a little photographic fun with trademarks for the next week or so. If you've come across a trademark - a sign, a brand, a whatever - that strikes you as particularly picture-worthy, we want to see it. I'll kick things off with my slightly cheeky moment in front of a Florida Walgreens. Who else is with me?

Your turn: Thematic Photographic is our weekly photo sharing-participation-learning activity. All you need to do is share a photo on your own blog or website that suggests, evokes, supports or otherwise aligns with this week's theme, trademark. When you're done posting (or if you've already got something up there) leave a comment here letting everyone know where to find it. Visit other participants to spread the joy, and feel free to pop back in through the week to see what everyone else is up to. Repetition is highly encouraged, as is a general sense of fun. If you're new to the Thematic thing, click here. Otherwise, have fun with this one...I know I will!

10 comments:

Somewhere round about said...

Thank you for choosing this.
Apologies for the quality....the story rescues that though....( i think) .....
My offering is here!

Bob Scotney said...

I'm confused between trademarks, logos or just ordinary signs.
http://bit.ly/2apY6Uu

carmilevy said...

Hi Bob. All three would apply here: Whatever tickles your fancy. Glad you asked!

Gilly said...

Found some! http://gillymaccsphotos.blogspot.com

photodoug said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
photodoug said...

Carmi, here is our trademark.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I have to go with my own internet handle, of course.
~

Pat Tillett said...

Hey Carmi!
This is a good theme. Here is a link to one from me.
http://patricktillett.blogspot.com/2011/02/new-glasses.html

21 Wits said...

I'm a wee bit late to the party but here's my Trademark post!
http://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2016/08/tp-trademark-and-reflective.html

Paul said...

Love the picture!