Sunday, April 29, 2018

Reflections of an impending journey

So Much. Red. Light.
London, ON
April 2018
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Whenever I drop off or pick someone up at the Via Rail station, I take my camera along because you never quite know when inspiration will strike. Sure, it's a predictable, familiar environment, and chances are I've picked the place over countless times with my lens. But the universe can still surprise you if you put yourself out there.

As I often do, I lingered behind after our daughter got on the train. As I walked slowly along the platform, I caught a glimpse of reflected light that seemed oddly surreal. It took a couple of minutes to compose this properly, because the optical window of opportunity was impossibly tiny and that glorious red reflection only showed itself if I moved my head and pointed my lens Just So.

The attendant was getting nervous, because everyone had already gone, yet here I was shooting away. I placated him by showing him this pic on the camera's screen. At the very least, I hope it inspired him to look at his workplace a little differently in future.

#ldnont #via #viarail #train #rail #cn #cp #station #travel #journey #leading #lines #stainless #steel #mirror #reflections #red #light #lights #perspective #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #dslr #london #ontario #canada

No comments: