Monday, November 12, 2018

Gazing at wonder from high above

Colorful desert
Las Vegas, NV
November 2018
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Flying to Las Vegas last week gave me a lot of time to stare out the window and ponder the wonders and perils of the universe. I can't say I came up with any answers to any of the questions that have been bouncing around my head of late. I didn't solve, fix, or discover anything, either, and emerged from the plane as broken and confused as I've been all along.

But the experience did help me clear my head a bit, if only for a few fleeting hours before we landed and the fun truly began. I stared out the window and saw landscapes I had never seen before. Despite the fact that I was sitting behind the wing of our Boeing 767-300, and thus had to shoot through the exhaust of the left-hand General Electric CF6-80C2 high-bypass turbofan engine, I managed to grab a workable image or two.

This one, in particular, serves as a reminder that there's wonder everywhere. We just have to look out the window to see the kinds of colors and textures that would stop the most cynical among us dead in our tracks. Hey, maybe I'm not as broken or confused as I thought I was.

#las #vegas #lasvegas #ldnont #yxu #toronto #yyz #pearson #mccarran #international #airport #road #trip #travel #travelphotography #travelgram #aircanada Air Canada #flight #flying #aviation #avgeek #google #pixel2 #teampixel #life #family #is #everythıng

No comments: