Thursday, January 16, 2020

A chef sings in an alley

Hidden art
London, ON
January 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
You have to look carefully for the signs, but if you do, they're everywhere.

Of an undercurrent of creativity in this city.

Of artists looking for new ways - any ways, really - to find an audience.

Of building owners trying to tighten their connections to the community.

Of hope lurking in the darkest places.

Of new discoveries waiting around every corner.

I found this delightful example just off of Richmond Street. I had gone for a walk looking for inspiration, and once again my fair city didn't disappoint.

Some gifted stranger has clearly been busy. And on a gray afternoon deep in the shadows of a forgotten alley, I smiled at the prospect of someone I've never met having the power to move me, if only for the briefest of moments.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #downtown #urban #city #richmond #street #photography #streetphotography #art #color #alley #chef #restaurant #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: