Friday, April 17, 2020

Staring at trees during a snowfall

Follow the empty path
London, ON
March 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I've been taking random photos of the neighborhood lately. Nothing earth-shattering. But the world looks so different now that I feel a responsibility to record it in some way.

I'm weird like that. And in so many other ways. But I digress.

On this morning, it snowed. I know what you're thinking: "Duh!" I also know what the citizens of Socialmediastan were thinking. In short, they freaked.

My feeds that morning burned with posts complaining about the unfairness of it all. As if a certain kind of daily weather - like a warm day with sunny blue skies - was something that was owed to them.

Meanwhile, our dog walked happily through the snow, her nose skimming just above the surface, as schnus are built to do. She was clearly enjoying herself, and I was clearly enjoying watching her.

It's called perspective, and I realized that morning that my dog has more of it than many of the people whose lives cross mine online.

Pandemic or not, I think I need to get some new online friends. We can shoot snow scenes together (while following appropriate physical distancing best practice, of course.) Who's with me?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #urban #suburban #street #lsndscape #photography #snow #white #frozen #winter #tree #trees #weather #wx #monochrome #stilllife #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: