Saturday, June 19, 2021

Strawberry fields forever

Eat as many as you want
London, ON
June 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


This may seem like a simple photo of the strawberry display at the grocery store, but it's representative of a much broader story.

Farmers grew these, and a supply chain we never see somehow made them available to us mere minutes from home.

And as much as COVID-era shopping is an exercise fraught with stress and worry, the trip to the store with my wife was a rare moment out with her amid moments we'd otherwise wish to forget.

If this is what date night has become for now, I'm perfectly fine with that. Because any experience with her, even a dash through the fruit section, is worth remembering.

See, photos aren't just pixels to me. They're placeholders of the life we've lived, and I'd like to think that an otherwise silly-looking pic of fruit is enough to remind me just how charmed this little life of mine is.

Whatever your life looks like, I pray it's charmed, as well, and I hope you're finding ways to freeze those moments that matter to you as you experience your own day-to-day ups and downs.

And whatever fruit happens to catch your eye along the way, my wish is that it is sweet.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #farmboy #grocery #store #fruit #strawberries #red #texture #fruitography #shopping #retail #random #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: