Wednesday, June 24, 2026

Remembering the ride

Wheels stop
London, ON
June 2026
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The day’s ride started out just after sunrise with fog so thick I had to keep stopping to clean my glasses.

It only got worse as I pushed deeper into the countryside.

It was glorious. I was alone on empty roads, my only companion the occasional cow having breakfast on the other side of the fence.

Eventually the sun began to burn through as it rose higher in the sky. I cast shadows on the pavement that shrank as the morning wore on. I passed still more cows, who had by then moved onto the bovine equivalent of brunch.

After turning for home, I crossed a bridge on the bike path and decided this would be an ideal spot to reflect for a few minutes.

To anyone else it might have seemed like any other ride on any other day. But to me it was its own unique journey, one worth holding onto with a story and an image.

Because every ride is worth remembering somehow.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tvp #cycling #bicycle #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone

No comments: