Thursday, July 08, 2004

Research Sources

My brain has often been described as an overfilled vessel of useless minutae. I seem to remember the most arcane bits of trivia, namely Simpsons and Saturday Night Live factoids.

My wife, of course, laments the fact that I still can't remember where the pots go after seven years in the same house. I have no idea why I seem to have evolved in such a dichotomous manner.

One of my favorite trivia lookup sites is the the Internet Movie Database. It is, in fact, one of the earliest commercially and critically successful Internet sites, and remains to this day a serious reference for all cinematic research. PC Magazine ran this neat article on the site's history.

Never mind that they have dated it August 3, 2004 - I guess they're simply ahead of their time.

No comments: