Monday, March 13, 2006

Glowing spirits


Drinking wine really isn't my thing, but I couldn't miss the golden backlit glow from the wine rack at the restaurant on Saturday night.

As we sat down to eat, I made a mental note to go back later on and try to grab a quick picture. When our little man shared the inevitable news that he had to pee, I knew I had my chance. On the way back, I stopped and shot very quickly. I got some funny looks from nearby diners, but by now I'm used to that kind of thing. I didn't want to miss capturing this very different kind of light.

I hope you enjoy looking at it as much as I enjoyed taking it. Sometimes, the story of how a picture came to be is just as memorable as the picture itself.

Your turn: Ever shoot a picture where you were being watched by strangers? Did it influence how you took the picture? How do you handle photographic voyeurs?

7 comments:

kontan said...

I just shrug and move on...smiling at the strange looks. great pic!

DeAnn said...

SO pretty. Although it looks more like vinegar than wine.

Photominer said...

I had a kid question me endlessly this weekend as I took pictures of ducks and plants. It was actually quite fun! I'm getting much better with my new camera too.

Viamarie said...

I find it difficult to concentrate on the subject when there are onlookers. If they are my friends, I ask them to leave me alone for awhile but if they aren't, I don't take the picture. I wait for a better time.

Prego said...

I got a little gun shy in Coney Island, after a couple virulent glances from the subjects. It scared the Diane Arbus out of me.

I did get a little better at covert photography over the years. One trip to Toronto with some friends recently managed to yield several tasty shots of female Canadian backsides. Growl.....

Kristal said...

Sometimes it bothers me, but for the most part I try to ignore it.

Deadman said...

I just took a load of pics at Disneyland. I have an idea in mind for a blogseries called "Disneyland: The Snarkiest Place On Earth".