Sunday, May 18, 2008

Caption This 71


Please caption this image
[Click here for instructions on how Caption This works]

London, ON, April 2008 [Click to embiggen]


I love our kids' eyes. They all have blue eyes like I do, but looking into them, I see so much of my wife as well. They're expressive, bright, inquisitive, and I could look into them forever.

Yet as much as I adore this particular composition of her, I can't for the life of me figure out what to call it. So I'm asking you for help.

Your turn: You know the Caption This drill...please look into our daughter's eye and suggest a snappy caption or nine in a comment. I'll pick the best one - along with a few honorable menschens - and publish the winner next Sunday, along with a new Caption This photo. I will, of course, continue to share snippets of life in general every day until then, so check back during the week to see what's new.

Speaking of menschens, here's the lowdown on honorables from last week's photo of my friend the gator:
  • Ontario Emperor: "Mmm...Canadian."
  • Bob-kat: "I'm actually vegetarian but no-one knows".
  • Pat: "Hey Bud! You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours!"
  • Colleen: "I dare ya."
  • Jacie: "you looking at me......?"
  • Robin: "Lady in waiting"
  • Sara: "Giving a whole new meaning to the 'stealth fighter'"
  • Carletta: "I don't tread lightly in these Crocs!"
  • Catheroo: "Remember the game Hungry Hungry Hippos? Yeah. This is not that game."
  • Marmiteandtea: "Eat ya later!"
And the winner is...Terri, for "Human, the other white meat." Terri isn't your average Written Inc. reader (wait, are there any average folks here? Didn't think so!) She's a nurse who regularly sticks needles into my arm. No, I'm not an addict. It's all for a good cause: my regular blood plasma donation. I'm sure she'd be happy to poke a hole in your arm, too! Let me know if you're ever in the area and want to tag along with me. The more the merrier.

22 comments:

Barbara said...

I see a brand new set of lenses that will record images beyond our own imaginations, and even hers, at this point in time. I call it "Forward Focus"

P.S. I love the freckles!

Anonymous said...

The eyes have it!

Carli N. Wendell said...

Eye, yuh, yay, enough with the pictures, Dad.

Jacie said...

the window to my soul

Jennifer said...

Eye spy

barbie2be said...

i see you...

D.O.M. Dan said...

She seems to be looking beyond something off-camera, so I choose the caption: "I'm Looking Through You"

me said...

eye only have eyes for you

Christine said...

Limitless possiblities

Anonymous said...

She seems to be thinking, "Someone's baking Tollhouse cookies." Then again, I may be projecting that on her; I'm a bit nibblish at the moment.

Bobkat said...

Lovely photo. The only caption that seemed apt to me was:

"Looking to the future"

Thanks for the honourable mention!

Unknown said...

Kinda new at this but here goes:
Do you see what I see?

Hope all is well with your dad. Take care and say Hi to Debra for me...

marcia@joyismygoal said...

Eye see the future

maryt/theteach said...

My caption, Carmi: "Dad, the freckles have got to go!"

Not that I think they should go, Carmi, but young girls don't want them...

Sara said...

i can see clearly now that your near by dad

Anonymous said...

"I wonder if someone will think I'm pretty when I grow up ..."

Omykiss said...

eye full ....

Anonymous said...

Hello Carmi!
Thanks for the honour of a win! I'm glad you liked my caption. I had fun with that one!
I've been really busy this week at home so it has been awhile since visiting your blog.
My caption(s)for this one:
"Look Ma, no hands!"
"Iris"
"My what big eyes you have."
"Peer's looking at you, Dad!"
"Peep show"
Again I am having way too much fun, I'll stop, for now.
Take care,
Terri

Nestor Family said...

First of all, this is a great photo (especially since we know it is of an incredibly loved child of yours).

Secondly, the caption...

Seeing is believing.

or

See the world... but don't lose your soul.

Anne said...

Iris with freckles.

Anonymous said...

Spied eye

Eye on the prize

See here!

Seen, not heard

Bright eyed (no bushy tail)

Catch light

Jennifer said...

i just had one hit me...

'lens to lens'