Tuesday, September 13, 2016

I get another year with her, too

Where I get the girl
London, ON
August 2016
Anyone who knows us knows that this is kind of a special week in our family. Come to think of it, this is a special week every year in our family. That's because today, which is Debbie's birthday, comes the day after our daughter's birthday (I wrote about her day here.) Or, conversely, our daughter was born a day before my wife's (ahem)th birthday. However you look at it, there's a lot of happiness floating around our house this week. And, no, I'm not divulging numbers. As if that ever mattered.

Anyone who knows us also knows how much I treasure her, us, this, everything we both have and, more importantly, are. Days like this serve as a handy reminder of that, of course, but it'll be just as important to remember that which makes us lucky when the day dawns tomorrow. And the other 363 days of the year. And every other day, month and year we've been gifted by the universe.

I'm lucky I met her. I'm lucky she put up with me on that first together-birthday, every birthday since and every day in between. I'm just lucky.

If you're in a happiness-sharing mood, feel free to drop by her Facebook page and share a wish for the coming year. I know she'll appreciate it.

Happiest of orbital milestones, my love. It's quite the journey we're on, isn't it?

1 comment:

kenju said...

I did that this morning. You are a lucky man and she is lucky to have you!