Tuesday, September 25, 2018

Two F-16s and one fast car

Viper on Viper
London, ON
September 2018
Photo originally shared on Instagram
Anyone who's been following me for any length of time knows about my love of anything that flies. And among flying machines, the F-16 Fighting Falcon ranks at the very top of my must-see list. It's a rare designed-to-a-purpose bird that, in its nearly 40 years of service, has managed to remain fairly closely aligned with its original mission.

While its official name is "Fighting Falcon", pilots often call it the "Viper". So when, at the London International Airshow I noticed one of the event vehicles - a Dodge Viper - driving past the USAF Viper Demo team aircraft along the flight line, I couldn't resist taking the shot.

I'm not sure what a V-10-powered sports car has in common with an F-100-PW-229-powered multirole fighter jet, but the name-familiarity alone made it a moment I didn't want to forget.

Go flight!

No comments: