Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Staring at lines in the sky

The lines that connect us
London, ON
April 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Sorry, but I’m staring at the sky again.

It’s one of those seek-refuge-in-the-familiar things when the planetary merry-go-round begins to spin a bit too quickly for my liking. Or maybe it’s my way of dealing with things I can’t directly control. So I just stare off into the distance at random things that bring me comfort.

Standing under the naturally and unnaturally painted sky, I’m reminded of childhood, when others did the worrying on my behalf. I just had to wake up in the morning, and meals were prepared, plans were made, and bills were (invisibly) paid.

In adulthood, all that rests on our shoulders.

So we look for tiny islands where we can disconnect - even for a moment - and recapture what it must have felt like as kids, when the weight of the world was someone else’s problem. We didn’t appreciate it then. I’m certain we do now.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #blue #sky #weather #wx #cloud #clouds #cloudspotting #contrail #aviation #flight #flying #aviation #avgeek #plane #planes #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: