[Click to enlarge]
After spending the past week exploring the shadows, I wanted to swing to the other edge of the spectrum with something a little, well, brighter. So this week's Thematic Photographic theme, bright, will hopefully let us shake off the gloom that's somewhat more overbearing this year.
To me, brightness is something that isn't always easy to find. Take this icicle, for example. I found it hanging off of the evergreen bush right beside our front door. I've had fun with this oversized plant before (see here and here) and it never fails to serve up something new. The difference: this time I had to get waaaaay down on the ground to find it.
I didn't care about getting ground-schmutz all over myself as much as I was worried about the light. Rather the lack of light. It was late afternoon and the sun was fading fast. Our house faces south, so we were already dangerously close to shadow territory. I stuck my head almost into the bush and shot kinda-backward to capture what little light there was through the ephemeral hanging stick of frozen water.
I'm not sure what the neighbors were thinking, but I haven't seen any For Sale signs go up since then, so I gather they're still not too worried about having me in their midst.
Your turn: For the next week, we'll be exploring bright-themed photos. Whether they're old, archival images or new ones that you're thinking of taking, I hope you'll share many in the days to come. Not sure how Thematic Photographic works? Here's the lowdown:
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...bright.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.