Laval, QC, December 2006 [Click to enlarge]
Welcome to the new theme: Thematic Photographic explores "quiet" for the next seven days. Please scroll down for instructions on how TP works.Quiet can mean radically different things depending on how we're feeling at any given moment. Literally, it's usually seen as an absence of sound. More figuratively, however, I've always perceived the term as that sense of peace you get when you're left alone long enough to think.
Quiet to me is a long walk on a dark night, or a blistering bike ride deep into the farm-dotted countryside that surrounds my adopted hometown. Never mind the wind rushing past my helmet as my legs maintain a constant cadence and my heart beats at some insanely high rate. The world isn't intruding, and it's here, wherever that "here" may be, that I do my best thinking. I return to my family, my life refreshed and ready for whatever it is that comes next.
We're hoping to find some quiet around the Levy homestead in the days and weeks to come. The world has been a very difficult one of late, and it'll be nice to get some distance from it. Along the way, I hope to once again look through my lens and bring back moments like this that remind me why we all sometimes need to get away in the first place.
Your turn: Starting today and continuing for the next week, I hope you'll share quiet-themed photos on your blog, then drop a link into a comment below. Here's the lowdown on how TP works.
- Every Wednesday evening, at precisely 7 o'clock Eastern, I post a new Thematic Photographic entry.
- Each entry has a unique theme. This week's is...quiet.
- You post a similarly themed image over on your blog.
- You paste a link to your entry in a comment here.
- If you've already posted something that fits (on a blog, Facebook, MySpace, wherever) simply post the link to the existing entry. Old or new, all photos are welcome.
- You may post as many photos or links as you wish. For the next week, I'll be supporting this theme with a related picture/posting each day. I encourage you to do the same. This is all about sharing, so feel free to share to your heart's content!
- Please share this link with friends, too, and encourage them to join in. The more, the merrier.
- And please accept my thanks for your enthusiasm. Your participation has made TP a true highlight for me each and every week.