Wednesday, May 09, 2012

On destinations and vision

“One’s destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things.”
Henry Miller
I'm having a crazy-busy time here in this city of unfathomable size. I almost feel as if I'm drinking from a firehose of experience, and that if I don't focus hard enough I might miss something along the way. I still pinch myself every once in a while to make sure it's real, and to remind myself what a privilege it is to be here.

More soon...just wanted to share a thought from the road as it popped into my head.

Your turn: Wherever you are, how do you get yourself to see it in new ways?

1 comment:

rennratt said...

I like driving during the nighttime. In fact, when we travel to see family this summer, we will leave our home at midnight. We will hit NYC around 10 am - and reach our hometown 9-10 hours later.

I love seeing fellow night owls as we travel, and giving our daughter a view of life after dark that she doesn't normally see.