- Bell has posted this entry to the Bell Business Blog. Click on twitter.com/bell_SmallBiz to go straight to the blog at 1 p.m. Tuesday. Be sure to include the #BellBiz hashtag on everything you post.
- Bell's just launched its Salute to Small Business Contest. You could win $25,000 in business services. Find out how here.
IDC Canada's program manager for PCs, Tim Brunt, will be our special guest as we explore the ins and outs of choosing the right OS for your needs. Follow IDC at @IDCcanada, and don't forget to follow our sponsors, too, @Bell_SmallBiz.
Why am I doing this? Well, recently, I started blogging for the Bell Business Blog (link here) and the goal is simple: help business folks squeeze more value out of their technology. It fits right in with my world view, and we're already hearing back from folks who appreciate less hype and more guidance. That's what we're all about.
I've compiled a quick FAQ to help get you all in the groove:
What's a Twitter chat?
- It's a live exchange between folks on the popular social media platform.
- You may have participated in chats before, but this one's out in the open, and everyone's invited.
- At 1 p.m., open your Twitter client or head to the Twitter.com website.
- Do a search for the #BellBiz hashtag.
- (Or, if you want really simple, forget steps 1 and 2 and just click here.)
- Keep hitting the Refresh button (or F5 in your browser) to see what everyone else is saying.
- Include the #BellBiz hashtag in your own tweets to ensure you're part of the conversation.
- We'll chat for about an hour.
- The sessions will be archived and uploaded later on to the Bell Business Blog.
Bell is Canada's leading telecommunications company. Once upon a time they were simply the phone company. Now, they're also an Internet and wireless provider and content distributor. They also own the CTV network whose studios I sometimes like to live in.Do I have to be Canadian to participate?
No. We Canucks love to share, and this session is open to the world, as business technology best practices are universal.Can I bring a friend?
The more the merrier. Leave a comment here if you wish. Or tweet me. Or leave a note on my Facebook page. Or ping me in LinkedIn.With the launch of Microsoft's Windows 8 looming later this month, we've all got questions about staying put, upgrading, or finding some kind of middle ground. If your business productivity depends on your technology - and whose doesn't? - I hope you'll rebook your lunch hour on Tuesday and join us. It'll be fun!