More to come...
- Washington Post - Live stream of Obama's statement on Mandela's death
- CTV - a look back at Mandela's life
- BBC - Obituary; Andrew Harding, Remembering the Man
- NBC - 7 ways Mandela changed South Africa
- New York Times - Obituary by Bill Keller
- The Daily Beast - 6 defining moments (video)
- The Huffington Post - a look back
- Wikipedia entry
- "No one is born hating another person because of the colour of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite."
- "A winner is a dreamer who never gives up. The brave man is not the one who has no fears, he is the one who triumphs over his fears."
- "It always seems impossible until its done."
- "I was not a messiah, but an ordinary man who had become a leader because of extraordinary circumstances."