Monday, March 21, 2016

Andy Grove, Intel giant, has died

Sad news from the world of technology: Andy Grove, the former President, CEO and Chairman of Intel, has passed away at the age of 79.

He may not be a familiar name to most, but in the tech space, he was - and always will be - a rock star. He was the one who led the company's shift into microprocessors, and most of the computers we use today owe much to the architectures and technologies developed on his watch.

If you used any technology today, as I have done to share word of his passing, I hope you'll pause for a moment and think of him, and all those he led, who made it possible.

https://newsroom.intel.com/news-releases/andrew-s-grove-1936-2016/

2 comments:

Gilly said...

You OK, Carmi? Just busy? Just concerned!

carmilevy said...

Thanks so much for your kind note, Gilly. I'm fine, but life's been a bit on the busy side, and my writing's taken a bit of a back seat because of it. I haven't been this quiet for this long in a while, and that concerns me. I'll get back into the groove yet: Am pulling together some writing-friendly musical playlists and expect to be back at the keyboard in earnest in fairly short order.

More to come.

I appreciate your taking the time to leave this comment. #SoKind!