Saturday, December 17, 2016

Dirty, dirty bread

Not for resale
London, ON
September 2016
Thematic. Dirty. Here.
Not too long ago, I was grocery shopping with my lovely wife when I came across this forlorn loaf of bread. Someone couldn't hold on tightly enough as he/she tried to get it out of the bulk display cases just above this scene. That same someone obviously never believed in cleaning up after him/herself, either.

So I thought an impromptu photo shoot was in order before I sent this never-to-be-eaten loaf on its merry way.

Your turn: What's your favorite type of bread? I'm partial to challah (aka egg bread) partly because of the taste, but mostly because of what it means to me and my family. What about you?

4 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I am a bread addict. So I love them all. Perhaps, because I can't have it. *sigh*

Common Household Mom said...

Challah is a wonderful thing. I like most types of bread, except for pumpernickel. A good dessert is a fine, meaty bread, toasted with butter and a small amount of jam.

That challah pictured in your other post is beautiful!

Gilly said...

I love spelt bread. Tesco (UK superstore) do a lovely spelt loaf, with loads of seeds on the top and a big slash across the top before baking. Bit like sour dough (my next favourite) but not so many holes and not quite so chewy. But both are delicious toasted with almost anything on top!

MB said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Fraiser's passing. I always read but don't often get to comment anymore but wanted you to know I always enjoyed hearing about your walks and fun times with him. He will always be a part of your family's story. May he be running wild and free now.