Thursday, December 08, 2016

One dozen donuts in a box

So good, yet so bad
London, ON
November 2016

For more colorful Thematic, head here
Yes, yes, I know how unhealthy these can be. Filled with all sorts of nasty substances and completely devoid of anything remotely nutritious. I'll admit there's a reasonable chance I consumed one of these immediately after taking this photo. In my defence, I rode my bike home that day, and I took an extra loop around the neighborhood along the way. A guilt loop, if you will.

In spite of the nutritional disaster playing out in the pixels above, I'm still glad this temporary scene-in-a-box crossed my journey on an otherwise uneventful afternoon. Because there's something to be said for capturing the otherwise uneventful, and for taking the time to wonder about what else lurks below the radar of conventionality that tends to govern our day-to-day lives.

Your turn: Which one would you eat? Why?

2 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Yummy and SO NUTRITIOUS!!!
~

Anonymous said...

I've bought a dozen a few days ago and didn't think about photo shoot. I like curly donuts :)