Sunday, February 26, 2017

If a tree falls in the forest...

No passage
London, ON
February 2017
Thematic. Yellow. Here.
Like most of the rest of the planet, we've been getting some seriously weird weather here in Ontario. While the calendar says this is supposed to be a Canadian winter, record-high temperatures for much of the last week had many of us wandering the city in shorts and t-shirts.

Until Friday, that is, when a cold front swept into the city around rush hour and unleashed a violent thunderstorm that left intersections flooded and wind-tossed debris all over the place. Never a dull moment around here.

I came across this sad sight the next morning, on a bike path through campus that I'd normally be crossing at speed on my pink wondermachine. I'm glad I was walking on this morning, because the combination of blind, hilly curve and large, downed tree trunk would have made for a panic-induced emergency braking session had I been approaching from the opposite direction. My heart skipped a beat just thinking about it.

As I sized up the scene, the skies opened up and brought my photo walk to a premature end. Mother Nature has a schedule of her own, and all the whining in the world won't change a thing. May as well enjoy what we can, when we can.

Related:


1 comment:

Shammickite said...

The cold weather is back for a few days! I suppose you didn't have your trusty chain saw with you to deal with the fallen tree.