Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Barking up the right tree

When a tree awakens childhood memories
London, ON
November 2017
This photo originally shared on Instagram
The house where I grew up had a birch tree on the front lawn, and over the years it became an iconic touchstone of our family's history.

Eventually, inevitably, the house was sold, and the new owners got rid of our beloved tree. To this day, the sight of a birch can easily stop me in my tracks as I'm instantly taken back to that unassuming patch of shady lawn.

On this afternoon, walking through the #Sifton Bog on a photo shoot with our daughter, I got to share what it felt like with the next generation, if only for a fleeting moment.

#ldnont #naturephoto #tree #trees #trunk #bark #forest #texture #autumn #nature #landscape #walk #bokeh #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photography #dslr #nofilter #nofilterneeded #photooftheday #instagood #london #ontario #canada

No comments: