Monday, November 13, 2017

Voices of Fire - in a parking lot

Striped memory
London, ON
November 2017
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Remember the huge controversy over the painting of a couple of stripes that our national gallery bought for kabillions of dollars? [Voice of Fire by Barnett Newman] Ever since then, I've wondered how I, too, can sell a simple, stripe-themed piece of art for kabillions of dollars.

Every time I shoot a scene like this one, I cry a little. But I'll keep shooting, because even if the feds aren't writing me a massive check for a mere stripe, it felt good to steal a fleeting moment in the office parking lot before I headed home for the day.

Different day, different kind of reward.

#ldnont #yellow #paint #stripe #parking #lot #asphalt #pavement #car #automotive #culture #art #eye #beholder #stilllife #london #ontario #canada

No comments: