Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Scene from a parking lot

Better off dirty
Scarborough, ON
December 2017
This photo originally shared on Instagram
So I'm in the CTV parking lot in the Toronto suburb of Scarborough and I randomly happen to come upon my friend's car (I remember people's cars...another thing that makes me weird, but I digress.) So I do what any photographically-obsessed doofus would do: I take my smartphone out and snag a few artsy pics of it before a) the late-afternoon light fades, b) my fingers get too cold to shoot, and c) the security team detains the weird guy shooting random pics of employees' vehicles.

In the end, I got to (quickly) shoot a lovely set of wheels, and to the best of my knowledge he's still my friend. I also learned that a bit of dirt can tell a really compelling story - seriously, this is one glorious machine, made even more so because it wears the signature of day-to-day use so elegantly.

If you do one thing tomorrow, please look at dirt - and the things it adorns - through a different lens. There's beauty there. Just take the time.

Thanks, @philthyfoodguy!

#ctv #ctvnews #Toronto #Scarborough #studio #mothership #home #car #auto #automotive #photography #ontario #canada

No comments: