Monday, May 14, 2018

Thematic Photographic 419 - Red

Mom told us to eat our vegetables
London, ON
May 2018

Photo originally posted to Instagram
My old BlackBerry - a Priv - gave up the ghost last week, so I replaced it with a Google Pixel 2. I did so for two reasons: It's a powerful, no-compromise device that runs an unadorned version of raw Android. And its camera is, according to the reviews, pretty slick.

So I left the world of BlackBerrys behind for the first time in 11 years (heresy!) because I figured a great camera more than offset the fact that I'd have to get used to thumb-typing on glass.

After an initial spontaneous photo shoot (fruitography!) in the neighborhood Sunripe grocery store, I'm inclined to think it was the right choice. Which means joy has returned to the pixelated land, and grocery stores throughout London and beyond are now on alert for a strange-looking nerd with a photo fetish. At least I say "thank you".

Your turn: As this is Thematic Photographic, you're probably asking about this week's theme. It's red. As in the color. Like the red radishes above. Or whatever else tickles your eye over the next week. By now I'm sure you know the Thematic drill. If not, click here and all will be explained.

The Cole's Notes version is this: Take a pic that evokes this week's theme. Post it to your blog, website or social media account. Leave a comment here letting everyone know where to find it. Visit other participants and feel free to return/re-post, and drag a friend kicking and screaming into this. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. In the meantime, I'll be in the corner over there nibbling on a salad.

--


#ldnont #fruit #vegetable #whatever #red #fruitography #google #pixel2 #teampixel #spontaneous #grocery #store #shoot #photography #not #busted #this #time #next #thematic #photographic #thematicphotographic #stilllife #salad #nature #miracle #london #ontario #canada

5 comments:

Bob Scotney said...

Those radishes would go well in a summer salad. My reds are not edible however. https://bobscotney.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/thematic-photography-red.html

21 Wits said...

Delicious capture Carmi. Yes, so happy to have caught this. I shall put something together and be back!

Bob Scotney said...

Shades of red from my garden this morning - but nothing edible.
https://bobscotney.blogspot.co.uk/2018/05/thematic-photography-red.html

Anonymous said...

here's mine https://evasmoodboard.wordpress.com/2018/05/18/red/

21 Wits said...

Hello Carmi, just as I promised I'm back, a wee bit late but hey I've got a post! Here's mine
https://twincitiesblather.blogspot.com/2018/05/catching-up.html