Friday, July 05, 2019

27 years...

In the beginning
Laval, QC
July 1992
This photo originally shared on Instagram
Twenty-seven years ago today, the impossibly beautiful woman you see here threw caution to the wind and married me.

I was thankful on that day, because how do you explain being lucky enough to have someone like her share my life? I'm even more thankful today, because the life we've built in the ensuing years has been nothing short of a charmed adventure.

She was my best friend before we started dating, and she's been my best friend ever since. She laughs at my idiotic sense of humor, and patiently puts up with the most annoying aspects of my personality. She finishes my sentences, and doesn't get creeped out when I stare at her and sigh happily. She gets me.

We've evolved a bit of an anniversary day tradition where we spend every July 5th at the beach, and this year was no different. As we drove to Grand Bend, I told her I'd do it again in a heartbeat. About the only thing I'd have changed might have been my timing: I would have married her sooner, so we'd have had more time together.

We've learned, both over the years, and this past year in particular, that time is guaranteed to no one. Yet through it all, she's made every moment precious and memorable. I can't ask for more, except, perhaps, more of them.

As we sit beside Lake Huron and drink in some much needed us time, I don't know what tomorrow holds in store for us any more than baby-faced me did on that remarkable day so long ago. But I do know how blessed I am to experience it with her, as well as the amazing family we've created between then and now. They are, simply put, my everything.

Thank you seems inadequate, but it'll have to do for now. Thank you for this life, Debbie. I hope you know just how much I love you, us, and all that we have become.

#laval #chomedey #quebec #canada #throwback #wedding #just #married #anniversary #love #loveher #limitlessly #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

1 comment:

fredamans said...

Happy anniversary!!