Saturday, September 28, 2019

Dog meets rainbow. Indifference ensues.

So when do I get my treat?
London, ON
September 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
A rainbow smiled on #LdnONT this morning, and Calli and I were lucky enough to be there when it did.

There are lots of trees in our neighborhood, so I didn't notice it at first. Only after we walked around the first corner and headed west toward the open sky did it become apparent to me the morning was especially special.

The air was uncharacteristically still, and the low-angled sun bathed the trees in soft, yellow light. The ground was wet with the remnants of a pre-dawn shower, making it one of those perfect mornings you wish you could freeze in time and use sometime later on when the world wouldn't seem as pretty as it was then. If only the universe worked that way.

I'm not sure she appreciated it as much as I did, as she whined the entire time I tried to compose this shot. But soon enough I had my pixels, and once we got back to walking she returned to her usual bouncy self.

Maybe these seemingly small moments with a small animal on a quiet morning aren't so small after all. Maybe we don't need rainbows for moments like these to feel, and be, special. Maybe we just have to open our eyes a bit wider.

#london #ontario #canada #photography #Calli #CalliTheSchnauzer #dog #puppy #schnauzermini #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #actofdog #pets #rainbow #weather #wx #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: