Friday, September 20, 2019

Dogs who love cars

Ready for her road trip
London, ON
September 2019
This photo originally shared on Instagram
I'm not ashamed to admit that some days I struggle to find the good in the world.

Whether it's the political fecal matter show to the south, or the racism- and hatred-smeared election campaign to the north, or simply the doofus driver who drifted into my bike lane yesterday and almost broadsided me as he played with his smartphone, some days it seems easy to let the darkness win.

But then I spend some quality time with this little one and somehow none of that matters. Because as she wags her tail into a blur at the front door, it occurs to me that she's figured out the key to a happy life by keeping it simple.

Frightening headlines mean nothing to her. She doesn't worry about deadlines. Doesn't much care about haters, either. She loves everyone, and is just as happy sticking her nose into your pants pocket in her never-ending quest for treats.

She also loves a good road trip. Because being with her peeps is the only thing that matters to her.

From the outside looking in, it seems like a charmed life. And as she gleefully jumps into the car, licks my hand as I buckle her in, and curls up in a ball as we roll out of the driveway, I realize just how glad I am that we brought her home.

Because the world won't be cleaning up its act anytime soon. But as long as I hang out with a tiny being who's figured out an ideal way to navigate it, I'll have nothing to worry about.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #photography #Calli #CalliTheSchnauzer #dog #puppy #schnauzerlife #schnauzermini #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #actofdog #pets #google #pixel2 #teampixel #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

No comments: