Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Back to the creek

Deep in reflection
London, ON
October 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I'll admit I'm blown away by the overwhelming response to this morning's #ElectionDay mission. So let's do it again, shall we?

In case you're new to this, here's how it works: Find a photo or video that makes you smile - and post it as a response here.

Why are we doing this? Because there's too much darkness on Planet Earth, and I'm just naive enough to believe that a bunch of folks in Social Media Land can make it brighter by sharing photos.

I captured this particular photo during a recent walk beside Snake Creek not far from our home. I didn't have a lot of time, so I was working quickly to absorb the spirit of the place before I had to head home.

Looking back at this photo, I'm reminded that unspoiled refuges like this will still be there even after we've had a hard day, gotten into an argument, or, as may or may not be the case after tonight, received some unwelcome news. Nature has an inspiring way of reminding us that our seemingly insurmountable problems aren't always as insurmountable as they initially seem.

Sometimes all it takes is a walk among the leaves to remind us of that.

Okay, I've said enough. Gonna go take care of dinner for the fam - and when I say "take care of" I mean "pick up from a local resto" - so we can settle in for what promises to be a roller coaster of a night. Popcorn will be made, chocolates will be consumed, and remote controls will be given a serious workout.

In the meantime, keep sharing those photos here. And keep looking for the light. It'll always be there.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #heritage #forest #fall #tree #trees #water #reflective #autumn #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: