Wednesday, May 18, 2022

Where the sidewalk ends

Shades of Shel Silverstein
London, ON
May 2022
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I call these turnaround photos, and I’ll often take them halfway through an out-and-back bike ride.

I’ll stop to rest up, down a snack, and let my wife know I’m headed back.

Most of the time the photos are meh, boring placeholders of some random street corner or pathway or parking lot far from home.

But sometimes the scene offers up a little more fun before I pack everything back up and set off once more.

This time, the geometry on this dead-end road at the end of a still-new subdivision spoke to me. I couldn’t resist a little playtime.

Thanks for coming along for the ride. Where should I go next?

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #yellow #street #sign #streetphotography #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins

Related:
Caption This 82, August 2008

No comments: