Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Cinquecento in the wild

Waiting by the tracks
Milton, ON
November 2012
Click here to share your own grey-themed Thematic
There isn't a whole heck of lot you can do when a train inserts itself between where you are and where you'd like to be. You can either sit there and stew, or you can sit back and enjoy the scenery.

I generally prefer to do the latter. Because life's too short to fret. And as you can see here, I had some pretty interesting scenery to take in.

No, the Fiat 500 isn't going to inspire children to quit school so they can design cars. That's what Ferraris and Lamborghinis are for. But it has a certain charm all its own. And the glowing red lights and red paint seemed to make a nice counter to the gloomy sky and slick roads. Besides, the number on the plate would make Iron Maiden proud.

On this day, I was glad the train gave me an extra couple of minutes to reflect. Wish that would happen more often.

Your turn: What do you see when you take the road less travelled?

3 comments:

21 Wits said...

I'm not a huge fan of red like you- but it sure stands out in this greyish moment! Excellent capture! Sure, I'd take this splash of color any day- (they really are cool cars!)

dean said...

I really like the 500 - I think it strikes a great balance between modern and retro. I'm not sure how well it will wear - like the new beetle and the new mini, it'll blend into the landscape in a year or two.
I like them in red, too.
I really like the sense of space this image has - you're pulled to the red car, then up the line.

Max Sartin said...

I love the road less traveled, like my father before me I try to avoid the interstates when I'm on a road trip. I've seen a tree with probably thousands of pairs shoes nailed or stapled to it and hanging from it's branches. Lot's of cool stuff out there.