Sunday, February 08, 2015

Pancakes for breakfast

 

I wanted to continue this week's edible theme (see here to share yours) with a quick peek at what we had for breakfast. I'm lucky for a whole lot of reasons, one of which happens to be having a wife who is as gifted a cook as she is a mom, a teacher, a friend...

So when she suggested pancakes for breakfast today, there was no way I was going to refuse. I wish we had the luxury of time every day to linger in the kitchen as we did today. But since we don't - life gets in the way most weekdays - we'll just have to hold onto memories of mornings like this until we can gather around the big table again.

Because there's always another batch of goodness and warmth waiting just around the corner at our house. And good friends are always welcome.

Your turn: Why does a homemade breakfast like pancakes - or waffles, or whatever warms your heart and soul - resonate so strongly? What does breakfast mean to you?

5 comments:

cit154_eve said...

I just love any food made at home.I prepare Waffles and a couple of eggs makes all the better.

cit154_eve said...

I love any food prepared at home. I prefer Waffles any time. they're tasty and I suppose good for you, too.

Michèle et Jean-Claude said...

My Dad has come to visit us here in Florida and this morning as we have always had on Sunday mornings, there were croissants on the table. Not those that I make at home up in Canada, I don't have all my equipment here, but the best possible option here in Florida, and then a game of cribbage at the breakfast table. Memories of my Mom....

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I used to love pancakes (and syrup and butter, of course!) when I was little.

It's not a thing I do much anymore. I tend to be a coffee only person, maybe a banana if I feel health conscious.
~

rashbre said...

We have actual Pancake Day approaching in the UK.

This year Its Feb 17th.

We make the bigger very thin ones (probably crêpes in Canada?), flip them and eat drizzled with lemon juice.