Friday, January 27, 2017

Footsteps in the snow

Evidence of civilization
London, ON
January 2017
For more footwear-themed Thematic, head here
When I was a kid, I'd often seek out the most challenging route between where I was and where I wanted to go. Never mind that the path had been meticulously cleared with a shovel and hours of sweat and profanity: It was a lot more fun to point myself toward the deepest snow and dive in. I didn't much care how messy I got in the process. Life was short, and snow was awesome.

Adulthood seems to have tempered that feeling somewhat, which is likely why I couldn't understand why an unknown person had walked up the hill through the snow instead of just using the door literally inches to the left of this scene.

This time out, I stuck to the easy route to avoid getting snow all over my boots. But on reflection, maybe I should have been carving my own path through the fresh powder. Adulthood can be such a killjoy.

1 comment:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I love walking through the snow! Unfortunately, we hardly get any here... I need to make a trip to Canada again to see some proper snow :D