Friday, July 10, 2020

Green leaves on a sunny morning

Life goes on by the roadside
London, ON
July 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Everything looks better in the early morning light.

But we'll never notice if we're so busy that we never look down. Or up. Or over.

It was my turn to notice the other day, an unassuming plant in a lovely little garden hard up against the curb. The dog and I take this route most mornings, long before the rest of the neighborhood wakes up. And most mornings, I'm too busy holding her leash tightly and scanning for squirrels, rabbits, and birds who constantly attract our schnu-girl's attention.

Schnauzers being schnauzers, you're either ready for the freak-out, or you risk dislocating your shoulder.

But this morning was different. The air was already got, humid, and perfectly still. It was even worse when shade gave way to the beating sun. She was uncharacteristically chill, so instead of fighting her, I held her leash lightly and she trotted calmly. Quite unlike her.

Which gave me just enough time to notice this plant. Which she graciously allowed me to shoot - no pulling! - before we continued on our way.

By the time we got back home, the sun was even higher in the sky, the gentle shadows and quiet streets now replaced by blinding light and near-normal traffic.

I made a note to myself to start taking these walks even earlier. Because I fear we've been missing too many moments like this.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #random #green #plant #plants #leaf #sun #shadow #lines #geometry #nature #texture #urban #suburban #landscape #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: