Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Every day is #NationalDogDay

This is my pillow now
London, ON
August 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram



The calendar tells us it's #NationalDogDay, but let's not kid ourselves: EVERY day is dog day around here, and I'm certain we're not alone.

Calli Finnegan Levy is, as you can imagine, an integral part of our little family. She doesn't speak our language, but she is ridiculously well understood. Hardly a day goes by that I don't wonder what's happening inside that little Schnu* head of hers. It must be a fun place.

As you can see here, when she isn't freaking out at rabbits in the backyard or whining for treats, she spends a lot of time curled up in a ball on her favorite pillow. Or blanket. Or human. Or all three. She's not too picky when it comes to finding a place to crash, and we're not too picky, either, about sharing our home with such a remarkable being.

We're lucky to have her, and I'm reasonably certain tomorrow will be another day worthy of celebration simply because she'll be a part of it. 

--
* What is the meaning of "Schnu"? Calli is a Miniature Schnauzer, so we've evolved the term "Schnu" for her, largely because it's short, it sounds kinda fun (like her), and she seems to respond to it. I'm pretty sure our neighbors think I'm insane, because I talk to her while we walk. But it seems to make her happy - and it makes me feel, I don't know, more content - so I don't expect the chatting-with-my-dog thing will stop anytime soon.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #calli #callitheschnauzer #dog #dogs #schnauzerpuppy #schnauzersofinstagram #schnauzergram #schnauzers #dogsofinstagram #instapuppy #photography #apple #iphone #iphone11 #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: