Thursday, February 11, 2021

A river runs through it

Just listen
London, ON
December 2020
This photo originally shared on Instagram


There’s a forest nearby with a river running through it.

Sometimes I’ll go for a walk along the path and stand in the middle of one of the bridges. There’s something cathartic about staring out and letting the sounds of this place sink in for a while.

Between the sounds of the water tumbling over the rocks far below, the wind whispering through the trees, or the birds singing somewhere in the distance, it doesn’t take long for this perfect example of nature to soothe my soul and bring me back to where I need to be.

I think I’m just about due for a return visit. I’ll bring the camera again.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #medway #valley #heritage #forest #water #reflective #thames #river #walkabout #landscape #landscapephotography #nature #naturephotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #d750 #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Several times I have posted 20 second videos on Facebook, capturing the sound of streams flowing. it is a pleasing sound.

https://fromarockyhillside.com

carmilevy said...

I've got to do that more often, Jeff. The sound is almost intoxicating. When the weather gets better, I'll try the same at the beach. Thanks for the inspiration!