Friday, March 19, 2021

A look down the street

What's behind that door?
Port Stanley, ON
March 2021
This photo originally shared on Instagram


I've decided to call this one, "Yellow building along the village main street," and if it looks familiar, that’s because it is.

During our visit to this lovely lakeside town, we parked in a lot right beside this pastel-yellow-painted building, and I was immediately drawn to it. I’m a sucker for memorable colors and textures, and I slowly walked around the sun-lit sides because it just felt comforting to do so.

I’ve posted photos of the time-worn rope fence in the parking lot. Now we’re looking at the street side.

The building is home to a seemingly shuttered bar and grill, and as I stood in the brilliant cold I silently wished for life to return to this deserving structure.

Because some places are just too pretty to remain empty. And we all deserve to return to something approaching normal, everyday life, no matter how far off that might seem right now.

#port #stanley #portstanley #beach #great #lake #erie #ldnont #street #streetphotography #photography #Nikon #nikonphotography #nikon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded #lifeinthemargins #family #everything

No comments: