Saturday, March 11, 2023

Where a GoPro meets the surf

In the shallow end of the ocean
Deerfield Beach, FL
February 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Some photos are deliberately planned, precisely composed, thoughtfully crafted.

This is not one of those photos.

This is what happens when you throw your trusty old GoPro into your backpack just before you leave for the airport.

Because it’s kinda small and light and tough. And you feel guilty because you’ve had it for years but have barely used it.

Life, I guess.

So when you finally end up at the beach, you grab it and run like a four-year-old toward the surf.

And you don’t think or compose as much as you point it in a general direction and stab the shutter a few times.

There’s no screen. No real way to control the process. Just randomly dive into a wave and hope you end up with something workable.

Like a four-year-old.

And hold into it tightly so it doesn’t get ripped from your hot little hand.

Also, just like a four-year-old.

And keep repeating the process with every new set of waves.

Again, just like a four-year-old.

Before long, I’ve been knocked over more times than I can count. The shutter count soars above 200, and I honestly have no idea if anything came out.

And yet I’ve probably never had more fun with a camera.

I think I’ll be tossing the GoPro into my backpack a little more often.

My inner four-year-old will be quite pleased.

#deerfield #beach #florida #vacation #offgrid #throwback #travel #atlantic #ocean #waves #surf #water #green #blue #landscape #landscapephotography #nature #naturephotography #photography #gopro #goprohero #adventure #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: