Sunday, April 09, 2023

Listen to the talking cans

Waiting their turn
London, ON
March 2023
This photo originally shared on Instagram


Do you ever wonder what the cans on a grocery store shelf are thinking?

Do they scream, “Pick me! Pick me!” as oblivious shoppers roll their carts past, unaware of the silent drama playing out mere inches away?

When I was a child, I’d often play mind games like this whenever I accompanied my dad. It gave me something to smile about while he went about the very serious business of feeding his family.

These days I’m the one doing the hunting and foraging, but I’ve never quite outgrown my childhood propensity to ask weird questions and imagine even weirder scenarios involving animated canned vegetables.

And if it gives me an excuse for a random still-life photo session in a place where random still-life photo sessions rarely happen, then so much the better.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #grocery #store #shopping #retail #random #canned #stilllife #photography #apple #iphone #shotoniphone #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

No comments: