Thursday, January 25, 2024

A tree emerges from the fog

Hush
London, ON
January 2024
This photo originally shared on Instagram


The clouds crashed into our corner of the planet again yesterday, so when I found myself on early morning carpool duty, I knew a spontaneous foggy walkabout was called for.

As I wandered around the busy intersection - Highbury and Oxford for you Londoners - I was having trouble seeing much of anything because the fog was so thick.

So I walked here and there in the hope that something might emerge from the murk. Eventually this tree decided to take pity on me, and I happily explored its softened form through the glass.

Soon enough the fog started to thin out and it was time to head for home. As I walked back to the car, I reflected on the power of patience and tenacity, and the things we do to succeed even when the playing field doesn’t seem ready for us.

The conditions around us are never within our control. What we choose to do, however, is entirely within our control.

And even if we can’t see a thing when we first get out there, we set ourselves up for success if we stick around and try every tool in our toolkit.

Maybe I’m talking about shooting photos in the fog. Maybe I’m talking about something else entirely.

#ldnont #london #ontario #canada #tree #trees #fog #weather #wx #onstorm #monochrome #highbury #walkabout #nature #naturephotography #landscape #landscapephotography #streetphotography #photography #canon #canonphotography #canon_photography #photooftheday #instagood #nofilter #nofilterneeded

Related:
Fog takes. Fog gives. December 2022
Highbury Avenue in fog, November 2022

No comments: