Friday, June 26, 2026

Return to the Kowality Motor Inn

Reading the sign
Dryden, ON
June 2026
This photo originally shared on Instagram


This isn’t the first time I’ve pointed a lens at the Kowality Motor Inn’s weathered sign, and I hope it won’t be the last.

It is, after all, one of the last of its kind. Owned by an actual family instead of a corporate chain. An echo of a much simpler time when we all knew who owned the local businesses that anchored our communities.

And they knew us.

Every time I’m back here, I have to double-check to ensure it’s still in business. There was one car in the parking lot this time, and the last online review was posted just a couple of months ago, so here’s hoping.

So I snapped a few photos, and as I walked away hoped they wouldn’t be the last ones I’d ever take.

#dryden #ontario #canada #throwback #monochrome

No comments: